Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Exit Interviews, MUN class cancellation, and your final blog post topic

Hi folks. Well, my plan for our exit interviews scheduled for today has been thwarted by the weather and the university closure. Are you upset or elated? I don't need to know your answer. :)

I've been trying to decide what our options are, and most of the options are not actually possible given the timing.  I do not think it is fair to ask you to do something else in lieu of the interview at this point as you are in the process of finishing up your other courses too.

The interviews were originally worth 15% so I will just spread that over the four other assignments (assessments) this semester.

For your final blog entry, please answer the last question I had listed for you to consider in preparation for your interview:

What was your greatest 'learning' this semester with regard to teaching children mathematics? How has your thinking shifted?

If you can edit your blog to the way you want and get your final posts completed by April 7th that would be best.

I am disappointed that I won't be able to see you again as a group before the end of the semester. It really was a pleasure for me to meet you all and to get to know you a little bit. I feel hopeful that such a considerate group of young teachers will soon be making a difference in the lives of students. Please be sure to stay connected with me and let me know how your internships go, and how your teaching career goes. If I can help you in any way, I'd be pleased to try.

If you still have any of my math journals, can you drop them down to the mail room to be left in my mail box?

Stay safe on the roads if you venture out today. Best wishes, 3940 Winter 2014 class!! You rock. :)

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment