Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Blogs (gentle nudge)

Hi all. Today we will be counting! Ah ah ah! Something that seems so easy is rather complex as we shall soon discuss.

I wanted to put in writing what I had discussed in class earlier about our blogs.

I notice some people are a little behind so I just wanted to give you a gentle nudge to try to get on top of this assignment as it does count more than our other assignments.



Your personal math blog is where you are documenting your emerging understanding of the topics and ideas from Ed 3940.

Remember, it is the quality of your ideas that matter most, and not the digital bells and whistles. 

Here are questions for you to consider when thinking about the quality of your blog. I will be using these questions to guide my assessment of your work as well:



• Is my blog free of grammatical/spelling errors?

• Is it easy to read?

• Have I been careful to avoid statements that make sweeping generalizations?

• Have I used appropriate examples to explain my ideas?

• Have I come up with good questions that are interesting, important, or provocative?

• Have I gone further than simply retelling events to trying to unpack and understand events?

• Have I shown evidence of growth of understanding through my reflections?

• Have I been careful to avoid identifying teachers, students, and schools?

• Have I been clear in my writing and choice of words?

• Have I satisfied 4.8.3 MUN University Regulations on Good Writing?

The nice thing about blogger is that it is easy to revise and edit posts and fix up anything that does not satisfy you now, upon looking back. So when you have some time, take a look back at your earlier posts and revise anything you think you might need to revise/edit. If anyone needs to discuss their blogging with me, please email and we will meet face to face and look at your blog together.

No comments:

Post a Comment